Monday, April 28, 2014

I am dealing with that Pause-O-Mena!

'The change of life, the begging of the end, the end of the curse, or as my mom hilariously calls it 'that Pause'o Mena'. All of these nicknames refer to Menopause. In the last few chapters we discussed in class, we went over the aging process. One of the first things we went over was about Menopause. I decided to write a blog about this because, as a young lady, this concerns me. I want to live a long, happy and fulfilled  life and someday(but not any day soon) I will face this change.  Menopause is when a woman goes through a process where her body begins to change and where she can no longer conceive or bear children. Some symptoms of this bodily change are headaches, hot flashes, night sweats, irritability and many others.

Although Menopause sounds unpleasant(for some women), it is expected for women to go through 'the change' beginning at their late 30s and starting at their late 40s and 50s.  I believe that a woman's attitude towards 'the change of life' either improves her symptoms or worsens them. I have known some women who look forward to going through menopause and embrace it rather than reject it. These women feel that their lives are not over, but just a new chapter of it has begun. The media depicts this delicate time in a woman's life as a hectic, emotional, and dreadful. I personally believe it doesn't have to be unless you allow it to be.
Below are some video clips dealing with the media depictions and actualization of what menopause is....and they are hilarious too.

(The 0:07 is the funniest part of the commercial, in my opinion.)


The Huxtable kids get punk'd by their mother Claire! She schools them on what menopause is! 








No comments:

Post a Comment