Tuesday, April 29, 2014

'You're making-up that scenario.'

I know that everyone likes to imagine what their life could have been like or what they want their life to people. It is fun to imagine, dream and come up with a creative story-line for how your life should go. In chapter 10-Physical, Cognitive and Socioemotional Development in Young adults, we discussed the concepts of  life story, life-span construct, social clock, scenario,  and possible selves. These concepts all have the same basic theme; they all involve constructed plans that often time will follow a time-line in order for these events to occur. A life-span construct is the unity among many young adults feel with the past, present and future. Social clock is a personal timeline whereby certain or expected life events will occur. For instance, one of my goals on my social clock is to be married before I am 25, have two kids and my PhD. before I am 30. A scenario is basically a thought or expectation of the future. I know for myself that I have developed certain scenarios about how my future and future career will manifest themselves. The concept of possible selves, like I explained earlier, is the thought of what all young adults could be in the future. I definitely can say that I have a strong sense of my possible self. I am a creative person by nature and I like to see how many things I can 'put my hand to' , so to speak. After all, there is nothing wrong with dreaming, right? 




No comments:

Post a Comment